- advertisement -

cheaper pen needles

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Jul 28, 2009.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

I went to wal-mart today to get my son's pen needles and they showed me that they have now a cheaper line. It is from the reli-on brand and they are 9.00 for a box of 50. I am very happy:D

2. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

What pen do you use?

3. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I haven't tried that brand, but I was disappointed when A-Plus Medical switched from BD brand to Sure Comfort pen needles. Even though the needle length and gauge is the same per the box label, the Sure Comfort pen needles are flimsier and longer. I've bent several needles and I've noticed an increase in bruising and bleeding after injections. Getting our supplies through A-Plus has saved us so much money that we're making do. I wish we could go back to the BD brand though. Thanks for sharing your new cost-saving tip. It is always nice to hear of new diabetes supply "finds"!

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Interestingly enough.. BD needles (and syringes too) are totally free on my Rx coverage (and I get 300 a month, so that's definitely NOT cheap at around $116 total!) but any others (Novo, Walmart, whatever) are a $30 co-pay!

If you pay out of pocket though, the walmart ones are about half the price of either BD or Novofine :D

5. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

That is awesome Rx coverage on the pen needles:) We use the lilly pen for humalog and the lantus solo.

6. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

I could send you some BD pen needles if you need them, let me know.