- advertisement -

chart for hyperglycemia symptoms?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by valerie k, Nov 25, 2014.

1. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

I know there is a chart for hypoglycemia and its affects on the brain and body, is there a chart for hyperglycemia? I ask because Matt was denied the dexcom for the second time via appeal. I now have a 3rd appeal in the works with a judge. I can present evidence to the judge. I have the school and its findings, their IEP copys, where they put in the results they cant say for sure that matts results are due to higher blood sugars at the time of their tests and watchings, or if its he is just that behind.

the denial states that its not a covered item, it is, its even in their own handbook and then they say, its for patients with an A1C above 8.0, and unfortunately, matt more then qualifies on that.... and I was still denied. 2 times. Its so frustrating to go up against the insurance company.... This is Oregon family care, state insurance. I wish I could afford to have matt on private insurance, its just not possible.

2. Snowflake

Snowflake Approved members

3. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

thank you. we now have an appointment for matt in December, so I can try and get more documentation from the dr since my appeal is in January. I want all ducks in a row, and the info sent to the judge on time.