- advertisement -

Changing insulins

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zoomom456, Jan 20, 2011.

1. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Hi,

We will be changing our son's insulin from Novolog to Humalog due to insurance purposes. I was wandering if anyone else has made this change and what you noticed in your child? Thanks for any input!

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We tried Humalog again for my two sons. We used Humalog years ago. I seemed like we have site issues back then. We again switched from Novolog to Humalog to try because of insurance. One son seemed to do 'okay' with Humalog. The other son had problems not making it to day three of site change. We used it for 12 days. So, I guess YDMV. We are now trying Apidra (cost the same as Novolog), but I hope to help the meal spikes.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Hmmm let me guess. You have UHC?

Our endo would prefer that we not switch as Novolog has done good by us.

4. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Yes, we have UHC :) Our endo has told us it is basically the difference between Coke and Pepsi. I also know that I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi:)

5. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

We use humulog here. Always have. So I don't know what a difference it can make..but no real complaints here. If novolog works better for sites I guess you can't miss what you never had, right? But we switch every 2 to 3 days. Dd goes high but I believe its just food spikes when she does

6. mmc51264

mmc51264 Approved members

We went the other way and like Novalog better, but obviously it is more expensive. BCBS hasn't told us we have to switch. yet.