- advertisement -

CGMS which one do you have?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Sep 29, 2007.

1. PattyK

PattyK Approved members

We use the minilink with the MM 522 and we pay out of pocket-we also have UHC and they keep denying us-I am now appealing to our state insurance board:rolleyes:

2. Mom2Madi

Mom2Madi Guest

We use the Medtronic Guardian, along with our Animas pump. But my daughter didn't really like carrying 2 "pumps" around and wearing two sites. So she wore it about a month and is on a break right now. We decided we'd do 2 mths off and one month on to gather info. Insurance covered it almost 100%.

3. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I start my minilink to go with my 522 Friday. I was lucky enough to be able to get coverage for the minilink and 3 months of sensors on the basis of hypoglycemia unawareness.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

we were just denied coverage from the insurance company based on the fact that its not approved for under 7.. the physician actually said she'd benifit from it and recommended it, but since our insurance company won't pay for 'experimental' stuff.. they won't pay for it..

but we are going with the minilink, paying out of pocket, and will continue to fight the insurance company.. and you can bet.. when the FDA anounces it is approved for under 7.. they'll be paying!

5. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Guardian and Omnipod - great! Insurance covered both!

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

We went with the MiniLink for T because she's on the MiniMed 522. We got it approved fairly quickly. I thought we would need to put up a fight because of her age. Our endo clinic and Medtronic worked on our behalf, which helped.

We're having more challenges with getting one approved for my DH--his endo's clinic was refusing to complete the insurance company's form--urrgg! It's not like the clinic is paying for it! My DH raised heck with the clinic so we're hopeful insurance will approve it any time now.