- advertisement -

CGMS users?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mama2H, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I know that this should go in the cgms forums but this forum gets a lot more traffic :eek: Has anyone found a smaller wireless lapel mic system than the radio shack system? Hailey got the current one wet :mad: so once again we are without the mic system :( I am getting sick of buying the whole system when the only problem we have ever had has been with the actual microphone portion. Anyone find a better system?

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Nope it is what we use, and i take it away in the morning and hid it and at night i wait till DS is asleep before i attach it b/c he would break it for sure...

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I believe this will be our 4th system, going on 5 :mad: Hailey is really hard on them :(

1 Purchased after a wonderful man at radio shack helped me out :eek:
    2 Had to replace (under warranty) 1 because the wire connecting got bent too many times
    3 Had to buy because 2 was out of warranty and the wire shorted out
    4 had replaced 3 under warranty because of bending at the connection to the box
    5 will be having to purchase since 4 got wet last night and I cannot find the receipt

I just bought this one the last week of July :mad: If I am going to replace it again I would like to see if I could find something smaller....

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Not for that price Nicole!

5. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Nicole, the only other option is trying to find a water proof bag to put it in mic and pump in together.

Now if you would want to split the cost of a system some how, I need only the receiver Not the mic. I wanted to put an extra receiver down stairs. I dont go to bed as early as Chell, and I get up much earlier than Chell to. Plus Chell has been taking many, many naps during the day. I hate not knowing if the CGM is alarming.

6. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Not sure if this will help or not... we put the little mic thing in a cell phone holder that you would clip to your belt. It's the perfect size! I roll up all the wires and put them in and clip the cgm monitor to the side of the case. It really protects everything really well! Our dog even got a hold of it and chewed a bit - lost the foam on the mic but all other parts were ok! GL!

7. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Oh, I'm sorry that happened...again:mad:
    I can't help you much since we've never tried the wireless mic before. We still use a baby monitor in his room. We have the receiever part on his bookshelf right beside him and I can literally hear him breathing in and out! I have not missed an alarm yet(hoping not to jinx myself here):eek:
    Maybe that would be a cheaper option for you...?

:)Candy

8. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

Nate is very hard on his Radio Shack system too. He rolls all over it and tugs at the wire in his sleep. First, he lost the foam mic cover, then he broke the clip. Twice, the wires pulled out, but my husband was able to solder the wires back.

It's working again, but on borrowed time.

I want a Parent Monitor from MM!!!!

9. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Try contacting the company that makes it, and ask to buy replacement Microphones, most companies will send out a free one.

10. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Nicole, my other thought. You have a Spi belt right? I know that its kind of constricting at night, but what about putting both the mic and the pump it it at night.

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Thanks guys, I think I am going to start making her wear the whole thing in the spibelt (thanks Michelle).

I have contacted the radio shack company (it is the store brand) and they will not sell them separatly. They would be happy to replace it with the store reciept :rolleyes: