- advertisement -

CGMS and Roller Coasters

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by BrendaK, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We have season passes to Great America and are planning on going for the first time this year on Friday. Any tips with the CGMS? I have a wristband I'll have Carson wear around it so it won't pop off!!! Are there any warnings for the Navigator transmittor or receiver on fast rides? We had no problem last year with the pump.

I'm almost out of cell phone minutes (we don't have a landline) this month because I've been on the phone HOURS AND HOURS with Abbott because I'm calling about every little thing. So I'm saving my cell minutes and posting here :)

2. Diana

Diana Approved members

We went to Disneyland with the Navigator and had no problems with it. I didn't even think about it actually!! He rode Space Mountain and California Screaming. I don't know anything about Great America, so I don't know how those compare.

The one thing I did do was buy a waterproof camera case to stick the receiver in on the water rides. We got drenched a few times, and I don't think the Nav receiver would hold up to that. My husband poo-pooed that idea, but he was happy to throw his cell phone in the case when the time came!!

Have fun!! I loved having the Nav at the parks. It was so much less stressful (and we were dealing with alot because my son was sick during our visit)

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We took our Navigator off just because he had battery compartment problems where the batteries didn't stay in place. I was also worried about that transmitter falling off.

4. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

Get a Fanny Pack or a spi-belt.

That should secure the receiver. We were just a Great America last week. There are some SERIOUS rides there. My 12 year old daughter has no fear!

Fanny pack worked for us.

5. BrendaK

Where do you live?? We're going today. It's cold, but the kids don't care :)

6. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We just got back from 3 days at Disneyland and CA Adventure. She wore the Navigator and I wore the receiver with her SPIbelt. We didn't take it off for anything (we didn't get wet, though) and rode all the roller coasters many times. No problems!

7. still..hopeful

still..hopeful Approved members

What type of wristband do you use to cover the sensor. My daughter just got her first sensor on and I was trying to think of something to use to cover it up besides the pink teflon tape they gave us. We got it on Thurs. and it came off yesterday.
    Angie

8. BrendaK

We got Carson an Under Armor adult size wrist band. He picked it out. It does seem a little snug, but it has not affected the readings one bit. And it's comfortable for him, he says it's not tight.

We went to six flags on Friday and he wore the receivor in the clear pump pouch as normal and it was great. I LOVED having the readings to look at while we were at the park!