advertisement

cgm

Discussion in 'MODY' started by gandgsmom, Oct 17, 2012.

1. gandgsmom

gandgsmom Approved members

Hi there...my daughter was officially dx with MODY (my mom and I were both mistakenly dx with type 1 but now we know this was not correct although we act like type 1;s and require insulin...my gracie...age 9 was officially dx with a MODY gene this summer after they have discovered several other genes that can be defective....then I was tested and have same gene

Her lunch 2 hr has been about 275 and she feels crappy...is in nurses office all the time...so her endo is putting her on a cgm friday for 5 days to see if she requires insulin....any support is appreciated

Laura

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

Laura, did they give you any indication which genes might be defective?

3. gandgsmom

something to do with glucokainaise....and I'm thinking it was MODY 2....but right now my head is spinning and I can't remember

4. Mish

Mish Approved members

So she's not on insulin yet? If she's going high every day at lunch seems like she'll need insulin, not sure what the doctor wants the CGM to reveal that blood sugar testing doesn't - seems pretty straight forward, no? But good luck. :cwds:

Might want to post in the main parent's forum as many don't get down here to view this one unless someone mentions that there have been posts. :) Plenty of parents have support with CGM.

5. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

Hi, Laura! I posted on your other thread as well. You are correct, the GCK gene is the gene that causes MODY 2. :)

Christine

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Approved members

You might want to take a look at this link that explains a little bit about Glucokinase (MODY2). It's an English website so the glucose levels are in mmol/l, so multiply by 18 to get mg/dl. The history you describe in your other thread does seem to fit with MODY2.

7. gandgsmom

she runs strange...so they don't want to start insulin and have her crash...that's why they want to do the cgm....and I'm okay with that.

8. gandgsmom

thanks for the reply and yes that does fit my entire family actually fits...