- advertisement -

CGM site itchiness

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by MelanieH, Nov 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MelanieH

MelanieH New Member

My daughter has been on a Dexcom CGM for about 6 weeks or so. Unfortunately, the site becomes really itchy after about 2 days. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any tricks to stop or avoid the itchiness? Thanks in advance for your help. :)

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

Welcome to CWD.:cwds:

There are definitely some folks on here who have problems with skin reactions to the Dexcom and have tried a multitude of ways to make it work. You might want to do a search on Dexcom and rash.

I think the common response has been to try an "underbandage" under the Dex tape but with a hole cut for the sensor or the sensor will be ruined by the tape. Opsite flexifix, IV3000, Tough Pads, etc. have all been tried and work for some people.

I saw an interesting post recently from a mom who has found some sort of wipe or spray with silicon (I think) that creates a barrier between the tape and skin. I'll see if I can find a link. Here it is: http://forums.childrenwithdiabetes.com/showthread.php?p=772490&highlight=dexcom+silicone#post772490

3. MelanieH

MelanieH New Member

Thanks so much!

4. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Go to You Tube. There is a lot of advice about this topic. My friend told me not to use the alcohol or anything else to make the sensor stick because it's causing skin reactions. We do ours after the shower making sure a good scrub went down in the area we are using. So far so good. We have only been on it for five days but I'm hopeful.