- advertisement -

Cellulitis of the ear possibly MRSA

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by curediabetes14, Sep 1, 2011.

1. curediabetes14

curediabetes14 Approved members

Have any of you had a child with diabetes have MRSA. My daughter has cellulitis of the ear - possibly caused by MRSA. We are currently waiting on the culture. If so what was your experience?

2. bayleesmom

bayleesmom Approved members

Mrsa

My daughter had, what we thought was a spider bite on her thumb. It was terrible, very painful and turned black. We took her to the ER they told me that it was an infected hang-nail. She continued to be in alot of pain, we then took her to her doctor and discovered it was MRSA. He had to lanse it several times, we went back to him 4 times (every other day). He put her on antibiotics ( very strong) she refused to take it b/c they tasted so bad. It eventually got better, but she still has a little disfiguration on her thumb. She has been a T1 since she was 5 years. Her numbers were alittle high, but we bolused to correct. She got bettere and is doing great. It was a very scarry time for us, and the doctors were very watchful and prepared to do more if needed.