- advertisement -

CCS Medical or Edgepark? I have to choose a new supplier for pump & CGMS supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Twinklet, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We used to get all of our supplies directly from Smiths Medical. Now I have a long list of other suppliers to choose from and I know nothing about any of them. I've heard some here talk about CCS Medical and Edgepark. Is there anything I should know about either company? Is there another company you recommend? Unfortunately, A-Plus is NOT on the list. :(

2. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

I used to use Edgepark. They were fast getting the supplies out but I did find they would ship items that were not covered without me knowing about it and then bill me. When I called, they would tell me they submitted the claim and it was denied and I have to pay for the item because I used it. The thing that pissed me off is that I would get a bill months and months later.

My insurance now ships supplies every 3 months from their own supplier but last year Edgepark said they still had some pending claims. They could take a hike, I am not going to pay any more bills from them.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We use Edgepark but haven't got a bill yet(Since August 08). Doesn't mean we won't though. When I order I always pay my part 20%

4. sheila

sheila Approved members

I get all of our Smith Medical pump supplies thru Aplus. Never had a problem.

5. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Edgepark was a disaster for us. I would never deal with them again. They wouldn't even listen to my disease management rep from the insurance company when she called them to send out the supplies. They tried to get overrides when I told them not to, and we ended up very nearly out of test strips. They even got nasty on the phone with me, and each of them blamed the other for the problems. I know that they wouldn't be in business if they did this to everyone, but I sure would be picking the other company~