- advertisement -

cases for guys

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Hollyb, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I'm a mom not a teen too. But I noticed a thread earlier among the girls -- what kind of purse you use to keep your diabetes stuff in. I'd like to ask the same thing of the guys -- on behalf of my 14-year-old.

Right now he either uses his backpack, or if he's not taking a backpack stuffs his glucometer and pens in his coat pockets. But come spring there aren't going to be any coat pockets, and you don't really want to lug around a huge backpack just for a couple of cases.

Around here, it seems no self-respecting kid would be caught dead wearing a fanny pack. Short of a George Costanza "It's European!" purse, what the heck to you carry your stuff in?!?

2. scotts

scotts Approved members

Im a guy, and when I go to class I carry my insulin and stuff in my backpack. However, cargo pants are good too. You can fit the insulin and glucose meter in one of your cargo pockets.

3. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

I don't know if you just looked at the post that I just made about finding a pump case - but other dickies items are worth looking at as well. I am not a guy but dickies makes some really cool things. The thing I have for my pump - would actually be rather handy for the other supplies - it would fit a freestyle flash meter and it's supplies. But yeah, dickies are really handy for nifty carrying cases for anything - just especially for the diabetics, as they have a need for it, while not wanting to pronounce it. Anyways. Hope this helps :)

4. kitty

kitty Approved members

I'm a girl, but one of the carrying cases I have for travel would work for a guy or girl. Dia-Pak Deluxe carrying case is a nylon case that holds a lot of stuff and comes in different colors as well as a southwestern pattern. Go to www.medicool.com or www.diabeticexpress.com to see the colors. You can also use a shoulder strap or waist strap to carry it around with you.

Jessie:cool: