- advertisement -

Canada - disability tax credit

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Apr 2, 2015.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I am not very knowledgeable about financial issues, and I have never applied for disability tax credit because up until now I only had menial jobs.

how much is the maximum tax refund I will get from disability tax credit ?

they deducted approx 350$ in federal taxes on my 1st pay stub (and it was considerably less hours than my normal biweekly pay stub will be)and I am not even sure how the provincial taxes will work because my work never deducted them.

(I am amazed at how much I paid between federal taxes, CPP and EI:frown:)

2. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

So it gives you an extra $7000 or so in income you can earn WITHOUT paying tax. Depends on how much you make etc, but we usually find high hundreds to thousand back…

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I heard maximum is 1,100 $ today from one source, but I also might qualify for a few years retroactive.

I am thinking about next year's tax time, but I was told to get my doctor to fill out the form soon rather than waiting.

4. wilf

wilf Approved members

If it is granted, you will be able to earn about $7000 more before any of your income is taxed.

The key for qualifying is being able to attest that you are spending 14 hours a week on diabetes care and management. You need to keep careful records to be able to document this. It gives you a good incentive to plan in time to learn about your Type 1 D and to always be working on refining your methods of managing it.