- advertisement -

Can we talk Novolog Jr pens?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Adinsmom, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

We love the novo jr pen!

She gives her lunch insulin in the stomach....Someone thought Ambrea was highlighting her belly...:)

It works for us, you need to prime it first, dose, then wait 10 seconds before withdrawning.

2. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

Chris started with the pens right away. We learned how to use surenges (sp?) in the hospital - but Chris had the pens when he came home. He did use the Novolog Jr. for home and school. He is on a pump now - but wanted you to know we did like the pens.

3. jp1of3

jp1of3 Approved members

We had a hard time with the pen and DS definitely prefers syringes now. We had a lot of leakback and it drove me nuts not to know how much got in. We were only using tiny doses--1.5 to 2 units; I wouldn't mind trying again when we start using larger amounts but I don't know if DS will let us.

Like another commenter said, we still buy the cartridges because then we don't end up wasting as much.

Jennifer

4. Jake'sMama

Jake'sMama Approved members

love ours! and our school will only use them, not syringes