- advertisement -

can someone point me to the chart about hyperglycemia?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by valerie k, Sep 11, 2012.

1. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

the one that tells what the body is going through when the blood glucose are to high. Im doing a search, but am not computer savy. I want the one that says with the high blood glucose what part of learning is being impaired at the time. Thanks. I want to put it in the paper work with matts other items.:cwds:

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  3. sooz

sooz Approved members

Were any of those what you were looking for?

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

5. valerie k

like that one Lee, only isnt there one for what happens to the body when the blood sugar goes to high? One that will explain why when matt tests higher on the glucose meter, and its major test time, he should wait? maybe Im wrong and thinking of something else.:confused::confused:

like how the body is reacting at say, 200 and 250, and 300 and so forth.

I will print out the one tho, thanks, and the one that has the pictures is great to.

6. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

I have one, it's kind of in like cartoonish form? that one? I'd be happy to send it to you, i dont know how to post it here. email me.. kadkins428@yahoo.com. The one I am referring to doesnt go thru stages of the high's, but it is a pretty good info sheet.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Oops - misread!

8. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

I don't think there's an answer that applies to everyone. Reading posts here over the years I think that some kids feel little or nothing, others feel tired,or dehyrdated, or are in a bad mood. I think it also depends on the reason for the high BG - if insufficient basal then there could also be ketones; if due only to not bolusing for meals then the symptoms would be different. You mentioned how it related to testing. Is this info for a 504 plan?

9. valerie k

yes, it would be for mostly testing.

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

Just wondering if you looked at the links I spent time finding for you?

11. valerie k

I have thank you. I printed out one of cartoonish pics for each classroom emergency kit for the teacher.

what I want is this

at 69 mg/dl Epinephrine is released into the bloodstream
    at 68 mg/dl Glucagon release begins
    at 67 mg/dl The brain conserves glucose by reducing glucose uptake
    at 66 mg/dl The body releases the growth hormone Somatotropin, which tells the body to reduce its use of glucose and burn fat instead
    at 58 mg/dl Cortisol, a steroid that promotes the conversion of glycogen into glucose
    at 54 mg/dl Full-on hypoglycemic body symptoms may start including shaking, pounding heart, nervousness, sweating, tingling and hunger
    at 49 mg/dl Thinking becomes impaired. The Mind symptoms start: confusion, drowsiness, weakness, feeling too warm, difficulty speaking, impaired coordination and odd behavior

only instead of what happens when you go down, I thought there was a chart like this of what happens to your brain/body when your much higher. I could be wrong and maybe it doesnt exist and Im thinking of something else. I appreciate the links you gave, I have gained some great information that I will be using. :cwds: