- advertisement -

Can someone cheer me up please?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by LoveMyHounds, Jun 24, 2013.

1. LoveMyHounds

LoveMyHounds Approved members

Yesterday we left our DD at the 2-week ballet camp 512 miles away from home (Chautauqua Institution, great place BTW). This is her first overnight camp since dx and I'm worry so much it makes me sick :(. The staff is great there, I had a meeting with the nurses and the counselors, the nurse checked my DD at 3 am last night and gave me a call :). It couldn't be better, but..... I'm still anxious...

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

My mom grew up about 30 mins from Chautauqua. It's so beautiful there! It is so hard to relax, but she's in good hands it sounds like. My daughter is going to a month of camp, even though its diabetes camp, it's still hard to be away from them. I'm going to try and sleep all night!

3. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

I just try to remember that there is very little that can happen that can't be easily fixed. While we know the stakes can be high...you are probably like me and are too hard on yourself. We know NOBODY can take care of our babies like we can. We knew that before diabetes! Heck...we can look at our child's eyes and know we need to test a finger. But, sometimes we need to breathe and our children need to spread their wings. Unfortunately, our children spreading their wings results in us holding our breath :). Your daughter will be fine and I bet she will be very proud of HERSELF when she gets back home.

Please remind me of what I just said when my son goes off to camp!

4. LoveMyHounds

:D:D:D

And I wasn't like that before D. I used to be "whatever" mom ;)

5. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Why did the cowboy buy a dachshund?

He wanted to get a long little doggie.

6. sooz

sooz Approved members

:D

Why didn't the skeleton go to the prom?

He had no BODY to go with. :D:p;)

7. LoveMyHounds

:D:D:D Thanks guys! You're awesome!

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Well I will be sending my 8.5yr old that has never spent a whole 24hrs away from me to D camp this year. So I might need your help on 8/4!!!

Just remind yourself that this is a wonderful experience for her, not only for her to attain refined dancing skills but for her to refine herself and who she wants to be. This is a very important time in her life for SO MANY THINGS.

I am sure that you planned well and you have everything covered for her care while there.

Remember even if you where there she will most likely have lows and highs just from the exercise and excitement, so take it easy and enjoy NOTsneaking a soda and candy!

9. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

my daughter is going to d camp on 6/30 so im afraid im of no help to you as im struggling with this too. i know she is in great hands but we have never been apart since her dianosis 7 years ago . i think its going to be an emotional day for me on sunday and hope i get through the few hours i am there on intake day.. i know its going to be the best thing for her though.