- advertisement -

Can I be a proud mom for a second??

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Danielle2008, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

...and no, not a 'mom' of a human baby LOL. You all are like my extended family, so I thought who better then to share my excitement with, but you guys!

I have raised Texas since he was 5 months old. Here is the picture of him the day we first met him. I was so excited, and he was just beautiful(with those long legs!):

[​IMG]

I did all the groundwork on him, got him use to feet handling, loading in the trailer, bathing, clipping, and when he got 'of age' even saddling him for the first time.

He, from the first day, has had a special place in my heart. He is one of the most trying horses I have been around.

Early July I brought him down to my Reining trainer to work with him, and Friday I took my first real 'lesson' on Texas. I had done only walk/trot with him previously, but Friday I cantered him for the first time.

It was so exciting to seriously ride the boy I had raised. He still has 2-3 more years of growing and filling out to do(he is only three years old currently). However, I can see even more now, how nice he really is going to be.

Here are the videos of the trainer and Tex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KST_Nk-nYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqEVT8lCE4g

Here are a few video stills from our ride:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the canter for the first time!

[​IMG]

I am so proud of this boy!

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww Danielle he's so beautiful :D You deserve a proud mom moment ;)

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Awww! I used to be really into riding (I had a bad experience where the horse spooked and I fell off, but my foot was stuck in the stirrup and I was basically trampled :eek: and never got back into it...) and he's beautiful.

You definitely deserve a proud mom moment. :D

4. beck95

beck95 Approved members

go girly!!!! thats one of my dreams is to raise a horse of my own. sadly the horses we have are really old and are being put down tommorow:(. but anyways great job. hes a beutifull horse and i hope he works out for you .:D have fun..... and yeah i think anybody in youre possition is allowed to have a proud mum moment:).

5. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

He is so lovely!
    Congrats on everything, I know just how you feel! We started breaking out my baby in June :)

6. Wenpuppy123

Wenpuppy123 Approved members

I've seen alot of people on this site with horses...

I've always wanted to be an equestrian, but we dont have the money.:(

Beautiful horse, by the way.

7. beck95

beck95 Approved members

hey by the way what sort of horse is he??

8. Danielle2008

Thanks so much everyone:cwds:!

He is going to make a fantastic horse someday. Just needs a bit of growing up to do!

Emma, Yikes!! That sounds like a bad accident. I am lucky *knock on wood* I haven't had any real bad things happen. I definitely understand feeling uneasy after that situation. Horses are 1000 pound animals...the hospital I work at gets a lot of equestrian accidents through the E.R(it is a 'horse' area), we have been doing a lot of education lately, and offering free riding helmets(....although, I don't usually use one...:eek:).

Beck, I am so sorry about your horses:(. That is something I haven't had to experience yet, the loss of a horse. How are you doing now?

Texas is a Quarter Horse!

Wenpuppy, I totally understand about the cost! It is expensive(I must say, other then towards College...the rest of my paycheck usually goes to this). We give up a lot for it though, but the return is great.

Another proud moment...some of you may remember me posting back in November about getting Taylor(I had looked at another bay/brown gelding, but he had some potential soundness issues)? Well, she is coming along great after being a broodmare the last 4 years. I am seriously in love with this mare. She is so fun.

[​IMG]

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Texas is such a great name :p;):D.

10. Danielle2008

LOL...now, why would that be?:p
    He got the name because when he was a foal(and still now) the star on his head looked a little like the state of Texas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. beck95

beck95 Approved members

im doin fine thanx. it was really sad though when thay came to pick the horses up. they're really scared of floats and the first one put up a bit of a stink but the second one my dad said "come on girrly" and she put her head down and it was like she was thinking i might as well be good for youre last memory of me and she just slowly walked in.:(. i really like QHs and arabs:p. my dad had arabs once and they were like his best horses. he had heaps of other horses too. well i'm glad youre havin a ball on youre horses. we dont use helmets either although if i were breaking in a horse i probably would.

12. Wenpuppy123

Wenpuppy123 Approved members

Haha. yeah i can see that.