After diagnosis on Saturday in January I called all of the schools and camps that would be involved in our lives over the next few months.... on Monday. The lady answering the phones at the camp assured me they have two rn's on at all times and it would be fine. This was to be my son's first time going to this camp where my daughter goes and loves. They run a tight ship and I really trusted that they had it under control. I did however call a few more times and the lady at the desk kept telling me it was fine. I even mentioned it again when I physically went there to drop off the required medical form that everyone gets..... I told her it would be a good idea if I talked to either the director, the woman in charge of the munchkins, or the nurses..... nothing came of it. The first time I get a call is when I am in Disney last week and still, it will be fine. Orientation on Wednesday I meet the nurses and all of a sudden it is a major issue. One of the nurses works in the ER, and the other is a stay at home Mom who is a substitute school nurse. At first the big panic is the pump.... what if it rips out how do we put it back. I keep telling them I am willing to come the whole first week if necessary and we left it at that I would be there Monday and we would take it from there..... I don't want them to replace the pump site. The camp is 7 minutes from my house! I have never been far even when my non D daughter was there!! I never got to see his schedule..... so that drove me a little crazy.... cause how can I tell them when he needs to be tested??? They then tell me on FRIDAY they need clearance from the doctor.... so I get it. The endo sends over a plan which is completely too much since, again, we have no schedule!!! For goodness sake they do art, cooking and ceramics!! He doesn't need to be tested for those or for the walks around the camp!! High rops, low ropes..... um not a big deal they hold a rope above their head and walk on one below... in the shade and most of the time waiting their turn..... don't need to be tested. Even the dancing is on the border and only if it's hot. Swim he will need testing and eating. Any other sport at this level isn't that much exercise! The heat is a concern for me and always has been. So after much resistance from one nurse while speaking with my team, the director was going to "sleep on it" and make a call today. At this point I don't even trust for him to be there the full days anymore and I would only agree to mini days..... but what can I do? This is my daughters favorite place in the world! Do I fight with them and pull her too? Do we all need to go through this? I cried for 3 hours or more yesterday. My son will have to go back to the daycare he has been at, and while I love them there for taking care of him so well (not one nurse btw) he HATES it there. I am so broken for him and for me for not having one easy situation since diagnosis. To top my whole situation off, my husband is in Arkensas for work and we just found out that we will be moving there...... in probably 6 weeks.