- advertisement -

Calling all experts!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TimO, Feb 20, 2010.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I think a non-invasive glucose monitor is possible someday, but there's nothing to lead me to believe that there is one on the near horizon. I think that what is coming is *less* invasive sensors (skinnier, smaller needles and sensors) and more accurate sensors.

2. Ronin1966

Ronin1966 Approved members

Hello TimO:

There are different tricks you can use to reduce the scarring somewhat perhaps; One hand, specific fingers and not others.... alternate non finger locations, literally smaller lancets, lower depth of the puncture, tea-tree oil, vitamin E oil.....

We'd frankly all be locked away in a padded rooms for serious "self-injury" if we did not have the diabetes to hide behind for doing this to ourselves. I want ten minutes with the clowns who came up with this theory from the middle ages...

I promise they will seek another way after said meeting.... guaranteed :D Btw you spelled "pessimist" funny.... its spelled R-E-A-L-I-S-T I think!

3. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Anywhere on the top. Seth uses from a little ways above his wrist, up to a little ways below the elbow. All of it hurts ethan fingers;)

4. sooz

sooz Approved members

Just to put 2 more cents in, be sure to use the SIDE of the fingertip and not the pad. It will hurt way less. :)

5. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

That would be amazing! It probably will cost a gazillion dollars. :eek:

6. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Seth is a weirdo, whenever I do it on the side he freaks. He prefers the pads:confused:

7. Ali

Ali Approved members

I have been T1 for years but this is a really smart way of doing things. Wish someone had suggested this to me years ago. :)Ali

8. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Solianis is planing on releasing a non invasive monitor in 2011 in Europe. This is their website: http://www.solianis.com/cms/home.phtml

A good friend of our family works there, so I hope to get one too :p

9. maha

maha Approved members

I was in a diabetes and technologies forum not long ago, my conclusion it that we still can wait for it, even if there's lots research on it.
    They were not really not invasive or big to be easily weared !

10. maha

maha Approved members

I have seen a presentation about it, it's not really that small nor that accurate !
    But it will be great if it works !

11. TimO

TimO Approved members

Jensmami - I'm convinced we all need to move to Europe. They get all the new technology first! Think there are any politics involved with the FDA in America?

12. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Heather, I am so going to try this!! I guess you could call it the poor man's CGM.:D

IMPORTANT NOTE:

DD's fingers had been looking great lately. We use the Multiclix. Every morning, at breakfast, I change out the drum. She has an extra in her kit, but always seems to use the last lancet in the drum multiple times. You know, too lazy to change the drum.

I have found that a new lancet for each prick results in better finger tips.

She was on winter break this past week. No school - no routine. I think the same drum stayed in the Multiclix for days!!! Her fingers look HORRIBLE now.:(

Moral: Fresh lancet - better fingertips.