- advertisement -

byetta ??

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 2' started by Mistync991, May 5, 2009.

1. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

has anyone ever used Byetta ...after my little trip to the er the other night and my bg going up to 790:eek: and 34 units of regular just to bring it down to 226 they first changed my metformin from 500mg once a day to 1000 2 times a day and i still was not able to get below the 200's even with being very careful what i ate (250-350) so now they want me to do Byetta injections 2 times a day to see how well that works ...i read the pamplet on it but just wondering if anyone else had used it and how well it worked for them and any side effects

2. silversheen

silversheen Approved members

I used Byetta for about a year and loved it. However, it stopped working for me but they think I'm a type 1, not type 2.

It may make you feel a bit nausaus for the first couple of weeks but the effects will wear off. I didn't have any problems but that's what they warned me about.

The positives are you won't feel much hunger and you will most likely lose weight. :)

I've been started on Insulin and taken off the Byetta and have gained almost a stone. :mad: Now, I have to work it off! GRRRR!

Good Luck!

Smiles, Silversheen

3. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

I just attended a continuing ed program that highlighted the benefits of Byetta for Type 2 pts, studies presented looked like there was some very impressive results for A1C, wt loss. I am thinking my dad would really benefit from it, was going to suggest he talk to his doctor. (Of course the program was sponsored by Eli Lilly so there was a biased view).

4. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

When I went on metformin I was told that it is one of those drugs that takes a while to build up in the body in order to be effective, and that a minimum dose of 1000-1500 per day is usually necessary. It sounds like you barely gave metformin (a nice effective, cheap drug) barely a chance. I'm also confused about what you ate - what does the 250-350 refer to? Certainly not carbs per day! Was it the ER doc who wants you to try Byetta or your endo?