- advertisement -

Bret wins!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by VinceysMom, May 23, 2010.

1. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

and now I'll watch it online....I didn't want to watch it if somebody else won, but now it'd definitely worth my time!!!
    What a great thing for the entire d community (t2 and t1)!

2. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Happy here that Bret won and that Holly's charity won the money too!! :D

I repeatedly forget about the west coast time difference. I apologize for anyone that read my wall on facebook. :eek:

3. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

To our friends not in the EST time zone, Sorry for ruining the surprise...I guess I was so excited the thought never crossed my mind I'd ruin it for you all. Sorry.

4. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

:) I knew it would be on here somewhere...so I watched it on TiVo before I even checked my email this morning... Woo Hoo, way to go Brett. Best wishes for you - please stay healthy because you are doing great things for the D community.

5. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

I told my husband the same thing. Two different shows came on saying "see Brett Michaels tomorrow morning..." It was still fun to watch. Holly was playing for a very good cause and I am glad she still got the money just not the title so if she was truly playing for her charity she won if just for the title ?? her loss :)
    I never go online if I am wanting to watch and feel the suspence of a show finale, otherwise it gets spoiled!!

6. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

It's OK, I would have been excited too:D

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

It is not just people in the East. I recorded it last night and was planning on watching it tonight. It is kind of a bummer, but no biggie, it is only a TV show...

8. Luke's Mom

Luke's Mom Approved members

So awesome he won -- I loved him in the 80's when he fronted Poison !!!Now my kids love him - I let them all stay up to watch ... I'm so glad he brought awareness to type 1 diabetes. His attitude is amazing!
    I must say up until Luke was diagnosed in Feb of this year - everything I thought I knew about diabetes was type 2!
    I was out this morning looking for Trop-a-Rocka but it was already sold out at the few places i checked -- plenty of compassion berry still on the shelves though ....

9. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I was very happy to see he won, as well. He deserved it.

I do have to say though...what the heck is a borderline Type 1 Diabetic? I'm just waiting for someone to ask, and my only response is they would have to ask Bret LOL

10. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I'd like to know also Danielle. :) The only thing I can think of is she was part of the Trial Net study, and it's something with getting early information and the choice of his words. In my mind there is no borderline - you either are type 1 or you're not.

11. Charlene

Charlene Approved members

As I understand it she is in the begining stages of type 1 and they are trying to prolong it as long as they can. I did not like the term as it confuses type1 and type2. Too me it would be early stage type 1. But I am so happy he won!!!

12. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

DH and I both cried. It was a great show. And then me reading it again today is making me all teary eyed...but I'm going on NO sleep thanks to a night of high BS.
    Thank you Brett!