- advertisement -

Bret wins!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by VinceysMom, May 23, 2010.

1. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

YAHOOO Bret was hired!!! :D

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

That is so AWESOME!!

This is the first season of the show I've ever seen.. What happens now? he gets the title and the Money for the ADA, right?.. anything else?

3. sbsmith1804

sbsmith1804 Approved members

Yipee!!!! Thank you I missed it but soooo glad to get the news from here!

4. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

I am so happy he won, snapple matched the donation of 250,000, isnt that great, I was crying, seeing his daughter too. And oh that snapple drink will be on the shelves soon . and what is sold i guess a portion of it will go to his charity. wooo hooo. Fantastic Bret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

So, did Snapple just match the 250 for the charity that didn't win or does that mean ADA gets half a million?

6. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

The blogs were saying he won...but it does not air here until 9pm...but I am so excited.

Anything that brings D to the forefront is awesome!

7. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I love him and all he has done to raise awareness for JD.
    He deserved to win.... Love him, love him, love him!!!!

8. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm not mad but next time could you put spoiler alert instead of the results in your title? It's not even on here for another 1/2 an hour:(

9. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

I cant not cry! I didnt want to know who won just yet but the internet gives it away. Im still watching the show but I already know Bret won and i cant stop crying. Im so happy that he wont. The fact that he brought so much awareness at once to so many people is priceless. I cant be happier.

10. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

I was thinking that as I posted it on FB. Worth watching, even if you know the results. I actually teared up when Brett came out.

11. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

Exactly! I'm in the middle of it and was enjoying the suspense of it all. Bummer! :(

12. Seansmommy

Seansmommy Approved members

It really was quite a victory. Well earned, well deserved. I am so happy for him. Talk about giving 110%.
    Sean had the biggest grin on his face, he jumped in the air and gave me a high five! Then he said that's one step closer Mom. Then he said see what a diabetic can do? I want to cry! But tears of joy.

13. caspi

caspi Approved members

Congrats to Brett! So happy he won!!!

For those of you on the "left coast" -- I understand your frustration, but personally if you want to avoid being "spoiled", it might be best to stay away from the internet until you've seen the show.... ;):cwds:

14. DadCares

DadCares Approved members

We were so pumped. Does ADA receive additional proceeds based on the sell of future Snapple products (if they use Brett's new diet Snapple)? One more note: I'm hoping those funds are truly used by the ADA for type 1 research as opposed to type 2.

Way to go Brett! Thank you for helping us raise awareness!

15. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Rock on! I got a little teary eyed too when they announced it. Very cool. He referred to his daughter Raine as a Borderline Type 1 and the camera showed her in the audience. She looked very proud of her dad.

I thought Holly's finale speech was very moving...kinda thought she would win. She's raised a ton of money for her autism foundation as well.

Good stuff all around!

16. Heather(CA)

So because I live on the West coast I should stay off of CWD? OR how about instead...Next time like in the past, the title of the thread could have read...Celebrity Apprentice-Spoiler alert. That way,we could choose to not click on it.

Now you made me sound mad:( Grrr Caspi

17. caspi

caspi Approved members

LOL! Love you, Heather! Standing by my original comment.... :)

18. Heather(CA)

FINE! Lets take this outside LOL

BTW young lady, I checked my home page and all it said was "Donald Trump pick celebrity apprentice":p:p

19. caspi

caspi Approved members

LOL! This is totally off topic (well, kind of....)

You know what I thought was odd? During the last half hour, before Trump announced the winner (at least here in the DC area) the commercials for The Today Show showed Brett Michaels as a guest on Tuesday. This ran at least twice, if not three tiimes - and not once did they show/mention Holly. It was then that I figured he had won it! ;)

20. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Well, I can just say it was LOUD at our house when he won. Brian and I were jumping out of our chairs and cheering. Woo hoo!