- advertisement -

Bolused in her sleep???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MelStan, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MelStan

MelStan Member

Well I got quite a fright earlier, when I was doing some long overdue logging :eek: and discovered a bolus of 19g at 4.37 this morning, in Eilish's pump history.
    I definitely didn't do it, and Eilish's Dad was already away to work, but the thing is she has no memory of doing it either :eek:
    I have to presume she did it in her sleep :(

She woke me at about 7am to tell me she was low..
    OMG this has scared me! I'm going to start locking her pump every night :(

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Gosh that is very scary Mel. Im so glad she felt the low and woke you. Well theres a new one to add to sleep walking and talking.

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I'd be curious to know if it was a touch bolus or a regular bolus. I think there is a way you can find out by downloading the pump, also complete history specifies when a bolus is a touch bolus.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

:( Oh no!!

We have our Touch Bolus button off and we have locked the pump too. I just wish there was a way to change the code.:rolleyes: Kids figure out things really easily.

HUGS!

5. MelStan

MelStan Member

Good point.
    We've never actually used the touch bolus. I leave it turned off because it makes me quite nervous.
    It was a lunch bolus of 1.35 units.
    It scares heck out of me to think she could have entered a much bigger one though.

6. MelStan

MelStan Member

True Becky!
    She is quite 'chatty' when I test her during the night too, which often gives me a real giggle. But this one isn't quite so funny :eek:
    I'm pretty sure she was responsible for disconnecting her pump one night too. Why can't the child just sleep?? :rolleyes:

7. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

did she tell you about the guild on neo that jessica made? that one can be added to the "don'ts" of pumping :p sorry that happened, though, very scary. i shudder to think that we could all do this at some point, it just becomes so natural to us that we don't even think about it :eek:

8. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

Mel, that's scary. (BIG HUGS)) I'm glad she woke up with the low.

9. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Very scary, Mel. Glad she woke with the low.

10. MelStan

MelStan Member

She did tell me Chris :cwds: She is absolutely loving being able to chat with others with D. I think it's a great idea of Jessica's.
    and yes, you're right. It is definitely second nature to Eilish, and you all, I guess..one down side to pumping I suppose :(

11. MelStan

MelStan Member

thanks Paula :cwds:
    I agree..Eilish wants to know what the code is, and I don't want to tell her, but I know she could work it out easily enough.

Thanks Martha and Beth :)