- advertisement -

Body temperature and insulin

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rericsimpson, Jun 22, 2011.

1. rericsimpson

rericsimpson Approved members

Hi,

I am the parent of a one-year old T1 who uses a Mini-Med Revel Pump. We've been keeping it in the spibelt quite a bit, because it seems to work best for her at this point. Occasionally, when she has been sitting for quite a while in a confining seat like a car-seat or high-chair (mostly during meal-times and car-rides) the pump seems pretty warm as a result of the confined space and her body temperature.

Is this an issue? Can the reservoir get hot enough in that sort of settings to be a problem?

Thanks for any advice you offer,

Eric

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Where do you live? Do you run air conditioning in your car/home?

3. rericsimpson

rericsimpson Approved members

Hi. We live in Fort Worth, TX, and we do run air conditioning pretty constantly.

4. Leece

Leece Approved members

We seem to notice in the summer that we need to change the insulin everytime we change her infusion set so every three days. We have not noticed the insulin going bad because of body tempurature.

5. Leece

Leece Approved members

My DD was dx at 10 months and I noticed that the Spibelt buckles and carseat were a little uncomfortable for her. I started using a pump band instead.