- advertisement -

Blood work - need input asap

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TimO, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TimO

TimO Approved members

What does your d-annual bloodwork include? D-son has endo in the a.m. and want to make sure he has thorough blood panel. He's hit his deductible for the year, so want as much tested as possible. What should it include? Thyroid? C-peptide? Celiac? What else? Thanks!

2. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

A1C
    Liver Enzymes Panel
    Cholesterol Panel

I know there are more test but I it is late ...... :p

3. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

Vitamin D in addition to the other post

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

They also check the IgA level ...(for celiac) it is useful for determining and if your child is also immune deficient like mine there is another blood test for celiac they do..My child has very low IgA..so the test would always come up negative..so she has the other one drawn..

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Mine doesn't include cpeptide.

But: TSH, celiac antibodies, liver enzymes, cholesterol, kidney bloodwork and urine sample, A1c, complete blood count (CBC), vitamin D.

The TSH wasn't being routinely checked because I'm thryoid antibody negative, but I lost some weight a couple years ago, we checked TSH, it was low, and we've been testing it regularly since (it's normal now). If the thyroid antibodies were tested negative in the past few years, then many doctors won't bother testing thyroid hormone levels for a while.

I also annually have my endo check my feet. That's where he taps my feet and asks if I feel it, bends my toes and asks if it's up or down, and gets a vibrating thingy and asks me to say when it stops vibrating (I do perfectly on the first two tests, not so well on the third).