- advertisement -

1. Lisa Marie & Alyssa

Lisa Marie & Alyssa Approved members

I'm so mad today. Why?!?!?! Why does my baby have to have this disease? She deserves the world, not diabetes. She should have so much more than this. I just feel so helpless! I want our normal life back, for her, for me, for our family. I'm ready for this to be "normal". I thought we were on the way there but I guess not. I'm tired of people saying "she will be fine". Oh really. you can guarentee that diabetes won't take a toll on her body?
    Sorry, it's just been one of those days.

I think it's time for a margarita.

2. ShanaB

ShanaB Approved members

Big hug. It's not fair and it's not easy. Be kind to yourself, she was only dx'd a couple of weeks ago. I'm still new to this (only 3 months in) and still have my bad moments but I'm happy to say I am now living the new normal as if it is just that, normal.

I really understand that people mean well and a lot of the time they don't know what to say but "she will be fine" is dismissive and not very helpful. Please know that you have friends here that understand and won't dismiss your fears.

Drink that margarita and enjoy it!

3. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

go have a nice cold marg:D

I would encourage you to look up and see how many people ARE successful despite the D. There are very inspiring, influential people who happen to have D. For me, its nice to see how people go on, despite the obstacles they face. Not to discount your feelings, I'm just saying that for ME, it helps to take a step back.

As for the toll it takes on your dd's body, I like to think that for us, it has forced us to lead a healthier life---all of us. We know the effects of exercise and of junk food on the body. Life is much better for Sam when he eats better and gets exercise. Yes, its taken this for us to realize it more, but we do nonetheless

4. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

I totally understand. I think the new normals happens for people at different times, you will get there. Some days d totally is just in our life and others I am so mad and frustrated to have this happen to my baby. People I have talked to have told me that it does take about a year for it to just be part of your life...so just take it one day at a time...and cry...and talk...and journal if that helps.

5. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im sorry Lisa, hig hug honey. We all have days like that where we feel like saying " Huh?!?! Why does MY kid have to have this stupid disease?! This is not fair!!!! I have what I call d tantrums where I want to lay down on the floor, kick my feet, smack my fists on the floor and do alot of swearing. I try to hold off till no ones home of course:D Be mad Lisa its ok, its one of the many feelings that we all have to deal with with this disease. I dont get that way very much anymore, we've been doing this long enough that this really is normal for us and I dont really remember what life was like before d. And if you feel like having a margherita then you mix up one, sit back and sip that puppy cause you deserve it

6. lrvesquire

lrvesquire Approved members

Still get mad!!

My ds was dxd 2 years ago 7.5.07. AND i still get mad. There are good days and bad ones. Still. But you are lucky you found this site early. Cry, scream and by all means grieve for what you have lost. I didn't and it hit me in between the eyes 1 year after dx. SO grieve darling, and remember, god would never give us more than we could handle. Please send me a note if you need support. Continue to post and check out the chats, they help also!

7. ShanaB

ShanaB Approved members

I would also like to clarify that when someone on this site tells me that my baby will be ok it is reassuring and comforting. People on here are caring and very well educated about d. I totally agree with Analisa, focus on the role models out there that have risen to the top despite diabetes.

Where I find it dismissive and a poor attempt at a filler is when the person doesn't ask me IF Emma is going to be ok and rather TELLS me with no knowledge of what we go through everyday that she is going to be fine. Hmmm, you don't know that and don't really care enough to ask and that's when my back goes up. Don't discount my feelings of concern for my daughter telling me she will be fine.

That comment in no way was directed about the educated support I receive here!

8. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Diabetes is certainly labor intensive. Ok, I'm completely useless. LOL. I will say that the first few months I was livid. But I've been ok for a long time now. Not to say I won't have moments... I have to allow for that. But he's such a happy agreeable thing... the D is just another "thing" we have to deal with as part of everyday life. I mean between my other kids we also have Hashimoto's and Lupus... so it's another nuisance on the list that needs constant maintenance.

I'll shut up now because I don't think I'm being very helpful. ;)

9. Lisa Marie & Alyssa

Lisa Marie & Alyssa Approved members

This is exactly what I meant. Everyone on this board has been great and so supportive. I was talking about people, even family who say "she will be fine" and take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

10. spamid

spamid Approved members

BIG SQUISHY HUGS!!!!!

We have all been there. That's why this board is so great, because we do understand. My DD is going on 4 years in August with this dumb disease, and we still have bad days.

Enjoy the margarita!!!

11. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

This is why I love coming here and checking in at night. I try and have some 'me' time and find comfort and find others going through what I'm going through. It helps so much.
    I had a day totally like yours today... where I just kept asking myself "Why him?" "Why so young.. for the rest of his life, he'll have to deal with this.. why can't we find a cure sooner?" I get angry that I can't figure out a way to scientifically find that cure.. but then try and remind myself that if I can just keep getting more people aware and raise money.. that maybe one day it WILL happen.

Tonight I was changing out the cartridges in his pens while my friend was over.. and she remarked "it's just so damn unfair.. " Yes.. it is. I am just trying to get by day by day and learn and read all that I can on it. Some days are better than others. HUGS :cwds:

12. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Diabetes might have saved my DD's live!

I know diabetes sucks, and you are really new to this, but like others said there are MANY very successful people who happen to have diabetes. We all know very well how certain foods or live styles affect our body, so we all try harder to live healthier.

For Jenny it is even more, thanks to her yearly diabetes blood panel they found a huge liver tumor and it was removed before it could have been deadly.

So on day were I hate diabetes, and I have those, I think about last summer and I count my blessings!

Things will get easier and more normal!

13. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I've been in this a little over a year (holy crap, where did that year go?! :eek:) and I still hate counting carbs, coming at my baby with a needle and/or pricker in my hand first thing in the morning, etc. Once in a while I still wish for our old life back, but this really has become "normal" for us. I didn't know what the hell people kept talking about with that "new normal" stuff at first, but you really will settle into it eventually.