- advertisement -

Birthday Present ideas - 6 year old boy

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by chkpea, Oct 16, 2009.

1. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

does anyone have any brilliant ideas? Other than a ds, video games, etc. -- I am undecided about those at the moment....he doesn't have lego, but that all seems to be a theme...is there not just plain lego anymore?

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Most legos do come in sets now. My boys get the sets, put them together, they get broken up, and put in a huge bin with other sets:) They also enjoy Knex which they build with, tinker toys, science kits, matchbox car sets. I get kids sticker books and coloring books. Good for rainy or cold days inside.

3. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

well we know now not to get any type of flying saucer or hot air balloon. good luck :p

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

:D:D:D
    What about balls? We got my son some nerf balls and a big red bucket for throwing them in the house. He uses the bucket as his "hoop", normally puts it on the sofa for a back rest to the basket.

5. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

My kids always spent HOURS with those round beads that you place on the plastic molds and then iron them when they have made their pattern. Walmart has a huge bucket of them for around $10. They have played with these year after year and my 12 yr old will still even make one once in a while.
    I don't know how much you want him on these or if he is outside a lot but this is the age Andrew first started learning how to roller blade and skateboard I think. If you are not in town though, those things aren't such good gifts because there is not enough area to use them on.

6. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Tinkers toys, Kinex, Magnetics, and Legos are all good:D

7. shekov

shekov Approved members

My son absolutely loves art supplies: oil pastels, special tracing paper, etc. Anything that other than markers, construction paper, and glue sticks. :)

He also loves hot wheels track. Not the kits so much as the pieces that he can put together any way he likes. He has made some great launches for his cars.

Legos are always great.

8. samheis

samheis Approved members

My son loves his tinkertoys, and anything to do with hot wheels.

He's also started showing more interest in his art easel (is flips from white board to chalk board)

And moon sand. I hate it, he LOVES it :D

9. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I agree Legos, hotwheels, art supplies....

Maybe a gift certificate to a bookstore...preferably one that just has books, not video games.:rolleyes:

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Ian's turning 6 in December and he wants a kid's digital camera. He loves taking pictures.:)

11. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

I would strongly suggest Kinex. We bought a large set for our boys when they were young and they played with that set all the way through grade school. If your child has an imagination then he can build anything his heart desires, tear it down and build something completely different. The only problem we had with them is that the smaller pieces tend to get scattered in the craziest places around the house much like used BG test strips do.

12. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Yes legos will come in a basic plain bucket... When we got legos we bought a basic bucket and a " set" .. Nerf. too is great

13. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

How about a cool art set? Water colors, or modeling clay?

My kids always loved to get board games too - any of the kids games by the maker of Cranium are amazing. The one that we all like to play is Hullabaloo and Balloon Lagoon (I don't know if they still make those, but the are great fun)

Is he into sports? if he's into soccer get him a soccer ball and a soccer outfit to go with it, baseball - batting gloves and a hat

let us know what you end up getting.

14. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

digital drum set and indoor hockey set (my husband got this...sounds dangerous) I will save up the other ideas for Christmas.
    thanks for the replys.

15. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Good suggestions so far........legos, K'Nex and art supplies. My boys loved getting Borders gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. Playmobil was another favorite. We have the castle set and some of the pirate stuff. The little accessories are really cool.