- advertisement -

Big, Big, BIG Day for Us

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by U of I Mom, Aug 9, 2013.

1. U of I Mom

U of I Mom Approved members

My son just texted me a picture of his new insurance card with his own name on it.

This has been such an exciting summer for him: finishing his master's, moving into his first apartment that isn't a student apartment, starting his job, having a paper accepted for a conference. :) But one of the biggest things for him (and us) was getting his own (good) insurance coverage.:D

Funny how diabetes makes you really appreciate some things.

2. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Congratulations!

3. U of I Mom

U of I Mom Approved members

Thank you!

(I know I'm being a braggy mom, but I couldn't contain it! ;))

4. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Congratulations! That is really exciting!

I doubt my parents even thought about my health insurance with my first "real" job, but I know I will when my daughter gets her own insurance!

5. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I cannot wait until my son can pay for his own insurance. I may be able to retire when this happens.

6. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Congratulations to him! Although, Insurance is one of those unfun things you have to think about as an adult LOL

I didn't actually have health insurance when I was diagnosed, so from day one I was responsible for figuring out my own. I certainly can't complain about the health insurance I get through my employer!

7. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Congratulations! That is wonderful and Im sure such a relief for all of you!