- advertisement -

BG and GERD

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Yellow Tulip, Sep 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Hi, does anyone know the effects of GERD meds on BG? My son's doctor is suspecting GERD and has put him on Prevacid. We've had some very scary drops in BG in the last couple of days. But, it's also the beginning of the school year, new routine, basal changed, etc, so not sure if the meds have anything to do with it, or not. Thanks!

2. Jason's mom

Jason's mom Approved members

My son started Nexium a month or so ago. We haven't noticed any changes that seem to correspond with the medication. But, we've noticed big changes in the last week with school starting. :)

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I agree with Julie.

My son's GI doc put him on Prevacid about 6 months ago, and we didn't really notice a change in bgl.

Start of school drives us crazy, though. Highs, lows, all over the place, as we adjust to the new routine.

4. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Thanks! He has been absolutely bouncing like a ping pong ball in the last few days, which unfortunately coincided with the Prevacid and the start of school. Glad to hear that your experiences point towards just start of school mayhem, and not the pills. Thanks for your help!