- advertisement -

Bent Needle after insertion

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nikichickee, Sep 24, 2010.

1. nikichickee

nikichickee Approved members

We use the Mios sets and when I removed the needle after inserting it was bent. Couldn't tell if it happened during removal or insert. Would you recommend a do over or has anyone had this happen with a successful insertion?

2. truck2ff

truck2ff Approved members

Funny you should ask, my wife just opened one the other day and the needle was already bent. We've had the inserter pop off on a couple as well. They're easy to use and we've had good luck with them staying on and not losing sites, but there seemed to be an issue with one lot we had. I need to call Medtronic to send them back. That being said I've seen him take a few old sites off that really looked like the cannula was bent and crimped, but they still worked while they were in.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. nikichickee

Well it was straight before I put it in and so far no problems, woke up with a sparkley 121 *happydance* ... I am fully aware the D God's are now going to spite me but man oh man does it. Feel good to have tackled the chaos that was a night time basal rate! :D Hope you can get the sets replaced we're still pretty new (re a little under a month) at pumping so so far so good.

4. truck2ff

truck2ff Approved members

Medtronic said they would take them back. I just have to find the time to send them back. We're only a few months in to pumping also, but the temp basals are great and we're just starting to mess with the dual-wave/square wave stuff. It's been great so far.

5. nikichickee

Yup knew that was going to come back and bite me in the ... Well you know. :rolleyes: about those temp basals, want to check out my newest post and offer some insight