- advertisement -

Benefit Concert in MD

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Thoover, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Anyone from Maryland area would like to suppor the JDRF, we are having a benefit concert and ALL proceeds will be donated to JDRF in the name of Brittney Hoover for her walk to cure Diabetes. We are thinking about 300 people will be in attendance. Thanks to some great friends we have to donate everything....

Below is the Article in the local newspaper here in Laurel MD.

Concert to help Brittney will fund research

Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 5 and plan to attend a benefit concert at the Rams Head in Savage, and you can help 9-year-old Brock Bridge Estates resident Brittney Hoover raise funds in support of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

The bands performing include Wasabi, with special guests Absinthe and Kieran Lally. Cover charge is a $5 donation.

Brittney's family endured a life-altering experience when Brittney awoke early one early morning in January 2007 and was unable to move. Brittney was rushed to the hospital where she was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. Since that day, Brittney and her family have meticulously watched her diet and learned to check her blood sugar levels 行 from eight to 10 times a day 行 so that Brittney is now insulin dependent.

Brittney has taken on the juvenile diabetes cause and plans to participate in "Walking for a Cure" on April 13 in Annapolis. In fact, all funds earned from the benefit concert at Rams Head will be donated in her name as part of the walk. If you can't attend the benefit and would still like to make a contribution, donations can be made to Team Brittney at the Web page www.jdrf.org.

Brittney, good luck in your venture and thank you for taking the time to educate us all.

2. momofphoenix

momofphoenix Approved members

This looks like fun, I will have to see if we can make it we are in VA but that isnt all that far and my son would love to met other kids with D too....

thanks for the post...

3. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

The benefit concert is at a Bar there won't be any kids there at all, which I should have mentioned, which is Rams Head in Savage MD. Like the Rams head live in Baltimore but a bit smaller. Quantico I believe is about 45 min away.. The show starts at 7-8pm.