advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bedwetting returns

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by Afox, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Afox

Afox New Member

My daughter was diagnosed at 5 in 2008, she hasn't wet the bed in years, but recently started again. No matter how hard we try to get her blood sugar down, they resist. Were up to 100 plus units of insulin a day. She's more independent but tends to neglect herself if no one is there to force her to check and bolus for snacks and meals.

I was warned hormone changes would make her diabetes more challenging. Hormones have sugar, is what her endo told us. Iwish I could afford a constant glucose meter because insurance won't cover one. I'm curious how much the supplies run each month if I managed to get one.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Have you asked your Dr to advocate for you to get a cgm? Sometimes they will help negotiate with insurance to get things covered. It sounds like a cgm would be extremely helpful for you.

I'm not sure what the out of pocket cost would be. You will have to call the company you want to use and ask them what the cost would be.

As for the bed wetting....I feel your pain! My kids and I have a long history with bed wetting. It's not fun. If you think it has only to do with blood sugar, hopefully it will stop once you get things under control. However, bed wetting has many causes, or else they don't know what causes it. But starting to wet after being dry is something you may want to share with your doctor. It isn't necessarily from high bg's. It could be caused by something else entirely.

Good luck figuring it out!