- advertisement -

BD Test strips New bigger Vial.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brandon B, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Brandon B

Brandon B Approved members

W just got our test in New bigger Vial hate the size. Way to big called BD they are sending me new cases to hold supplies in.

2. Val

Val Approved members

we got them too - yuck. There isn't a whole lot I like about this meter except for the fact that it "talks" to our pump. Oh well.

3. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Silly question but how come it needed a bigger vial? Do you get more or are they from the new manufacturer that took over?

4. Mommaof7

Mommaof7 Approved members

how many strips in a vial?

5. Brandon B

Brandon B Approved members

They only have 25 strips per huge Vial I hate it. I called them they said they had to many people complaining if how small the vial was and to many strips falling out so they went to a huge vial and less strips the new vial wont even fit in the carring case they are sending us 2 new carring cases. I still hate the meter and would not use if it didn't work with the pump.:mad:

6. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

You do realize that 90% of BD's clients are old men with fat fingers... right?? :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:eek: When the new jumbo vials arrived at our home last month my husband was thrilled... he hated the tiny vials because he had to dump all the test strips out to get one, and I was horrified because the vial no longer fit under it's designated elastic band in Emma's waaay cute furry cheetah supply case. LOL. :rolleyes:

The new vials are actually about the same size as those from One touch, and many other brands, but they seem ridiculous in comparison to the tiny version BD had before. I guess when the majority of your clients are "older" you have to make your product fit their needs. We should push every D company to start a pedi devision!!!!