- advertisement -

BD Needles 31G x 8mm Penta Point

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ed2009, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Ed2009

Ed2009 Approved members

In our last visit to the endo, we were presented with a full box of some new BD needles, 31g x 8mm, with the Penta Point feature. This is a different shaping of the needle tip, that rather than having 3 edges, it has 5.

DS says he wouldn't feel the needle, and truth is that when I correct him at night (while asleep), the insertion force that used to be very small with the other needles, here is truly nil.

Now, I'm trying to get the hold of some boxes of these needles, and I can see the conventional BD needles all over the place, I can see the 31g x 5mm with PentaPoint, but I'm unable to locate the BD 31g x 8mm Penta Point ones.

Now, can anyone drop me a web address where to get them? I'm "self insured", so it doesn't matter where I buy them.

Help's very much appreciated!

2. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Have you asked a pharmacist if they can be ordered? The BD website has a toll free telephone number -- I used it when I was trying to track down Nano syringes. 8mm sounds long, though.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

why not use the 5mm, shorter ones that you have found?

4. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Thanks for the Info I just ordered the 4mm 32G pentapoint !

5. Ed2009

Ed2009 Approved members

Virgo39, Of course! I'll try the toll free number. Thanks for smarting me up! Didn't think of the obvious.

Katerinas, let me know if you think it really goes in softer, or maybe is just my imagination.

mmgirls: We were using 5mm, but the endo/educator said that they thought they were a bit shallow for the age of the boy (14). Anyway, discomfort did not increase or anything like it.

Thanks to all for your answers. I'll try the 1-800.

6. Mish

Mish Approved members

7. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

If you go to the BD site you will see a survey that they have done that actually says that it is better for all to use shorter needles.