- advertisement -

Bayer Contour Next Link

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by melissajm, Jan 22, 2013.

1. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Our new Contour Next Link meters shipped from Medtronic. We have never used the One Touch meters that link to their pumps but we are hoping that these will be better and that insurance will cover! Has anyone had any issues yet with insurance covering the test strips?

2. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I posted in another post. Our insurance covers them but at a higher tier. Bayer has a program to help offset the amount. Just go to their website to sign up.

3. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Had to get prior auth for our insurance to cover the strips, but it wasn't a problem.

4. twintype1s

twintype1s Approved members

My insurance covers them at the higher tier too. I couldn't figure out how to sign up for 2 savings cards (one for each kid) from the website, so I just called Bayer and they are sending me 2 cards. Looks like it will actually be cheaper than One Touch now. :)

5. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

Interesting, they are actually cheaper than the One Touch strips on our insurance.

6. minniem

minniem Approved members

This was the case for us too.

7. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Love the meter! No issues with coverage, but my insurance covers anything diabetes related at the same co-pay.

8. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

We had to change to the Contour or switch my provider. They made a deal with Medtronic and no longer carried One Touch meters or strips. We are blessed to only have a $100 yearly deductable for all pump supplies so we saw no price difference

9. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Thanks for you responses! Sounds like we shouldn't have any problems. Should be receiving the meters today or tomorrow:)