- advertisement -

Bag for teenage boy?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Janimal, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

Anyone have recommendations for teen boy to carry diabetes stuff? Thanks

2. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Mine stuffs everything in his pockets! Meter, candy, needles, insulin, whatever, all in there. He keeps glucose in his truck.

For longer trips we have this bag, but I end up keeping up with it so I almost wish I had something I liked! It's by Swiss gear, is a nice size with lots of pockets but easy to carry.

http://www.target.com/p/swissgear-mono-sling-black/-/A-11149390#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

3. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

My son carries all his diabetes stuff in a "sack bag" You can find them at all the sports stores.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son puts everything in his pockets -- meter (not in case), pricker, strips, vial of glucose tabs, and his pump.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We use those sport drawstring bag from sports stores .
    Sometimes he just tries to fit it all in his pockets

6. TheLegoRef

TheLegoRef Approved members

My son carries his meter pouch in his pocket, pump in another pocket. In his meter pouch he carries meter, strips, poker, lancets, candy, glucobar.

7. Kdh012677

Kdh012677 Approved members

My 13 year old son also carries one of the drawstring sports bags. It is a lot easier for him then trying to carry everything on his pockets. :)

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I always suggest the Army/Navy Store. My not-so-girlie daughter had a "medic" bag that she found there and really liked for a time. I imagine it's harder for guys, though most of dd's male friends are shlepping around some sort of bag these days - phone, water bottles, keys etc., even without the D stuff ;)

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

My son also uses a drawstring backpack. :cwds:

10. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I bought a frio carrying case that everything fits into, even my wallet, that I wear on my belt like a fanny pack

11. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

Thanks everyone for your replies.

12. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

mini black backpack from walmart in the luggage section. Its the size of those toddler leach backpacks. but is for adults, and grown up looking. even my hubby will carry it

13. MTMomma

MTMomma Approved members

Teen boy

Like many of the other responses my teenager carries most everything in his pockets. I've been glad the cargo pockets have remained in style. His standard summer wear is tan cargo shorts and a t shirt or polo. One thing though it takes some attention to be sure everything is out of the mutiple pockets prior to going in the wash.

When going on a bike ride, to the gym or when may need more supplies than pockets hold he take a draw string sports bag by Nike.

For trips we have a black shaving kit type bags for the extras and I end up with that since it is the "in case" stuff.

14. Mrs Puff

Mrs Puff Approved members

For the past year and half we have used SportKids bag from Fifty/50 medical: http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com/Merc...ct_Code=SK50CASE1&Category_Code=CarryingCases

It has served us well. However, recently my son has been getting annoyed with it. He wears the strap across his body and when he bends over it obviously slides around to the front. I didn't know he had a problem with it until he was unloading a big package of bottled water from the bottom of the grocery cart. I was making him do it because my stupid purse was getting in the way, lol! So, I was so excited to see this question in the forum. I had been trying to think of something that would be a better option. I showed him the one shouldered back-pack from Target that someone posted and that is what he wants. Yay!