- advertisement -

bag for D supplies in Kindergarten

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by sugarsmom, Aug 6, 2011.

1. sugarsmom

sugarsmom New Member

When my child goes to Kindergarten I would like her to have all her diabetes supplies with her at all times. I only mean some candy to treat lows, her glucometer, and her Dexcom. Maybe a cheese stick snack or something. I don't want her to have this stuff in her backpack or in the nurses office, or with the teacher to misplace. I want her to have them with her at all times so there's no searching. This is what I want. I want to find something like a small bag to keep on her. A fanny pack would be the best, but she already wears a small Spibelt for the insulin pump, so I don't think I want a fanny pack. I'll probably end up going with a larger spibelt or something, since that seems like the best option. Something like a purse would definitely get lost. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect little bag that would be convenient and not a distraction or uncomfortable. If anyone does something like this with a little 5 year old and has a suggestion, please post.

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

maybe you could put the pump in a shirt with a pocket or THESE and put the other stuff in the spibelt? I wouldn't want my child to have to look after a bag in kindy type situation.

3. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

We found for 4K that having a BYO lunch bag with everything in it worked fine. I talked to all of the teachers and they know that she was never to be without it. Her classmates knew, too. They were all very careful to always remember the bag. I am hoping it will work just as well for Kindergarten. Open communication with the school teachers and staff is key.