- advertisement -

Baby monitor recommendations to hear Dexcom

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kvnc, Jun 3, 2014.

1. kvnc

kvnc Approved members

Would like to get a baby monitor for my room so I can leave the receiver in my daughter's room and not worry about this "Out of range" business.

2. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I bought this one - I looked at price and ratings on Amazon and thought it looked like a good compromise. I don't use the battery or anything, but we haven't had any interference which is all I was looking for. Our old monitor that we used for an actual baby used to get mixed up with someone else's and sometimes we'd hear another baby crying. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to get out of bed only to find out your baby is sleeping soundly.

http://smile.amazon.com/VTech-Commu...unications+Safe+&+Sound+Digital+Audio+Monitor

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Have you looked at "CGM in the cloud" ? If you search for it on FB you'll find a system.

4. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I use GGM in the cloud, but still use the baby monitor. It's a new, emerging system and the alarms don't necessarily sound on all platforms. It's great to see the number at night because I normally couldn't due to out of range issues, but I still rely on the baby monitor to wake me up in the middle of the night.

5. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Our receiver doesn't reach our bedroom from Rachel's so it sits on the kitchen table which is half way between our rooms. It easily wakes me up from there though I think I am a light sleeper.

6. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

I just use a regular Sony audio baby monitor. My daughters have a connecting bathroom and the non-T1D is disabled so I have the monitor in her bedroom. I keep the door open to the bathroom and keep the Dexcom receiver on the counter. The door to the T1s room is closed, but it still picks up the signal and I can hear it on the baby monitor with no problem at all.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We also use Sony regular audio baby monitors. We bought them years ago. I recently read that Advent had some good ones more expensive but still just audio and digital. Only saw them online though.

8. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

As the parent of a teen who does not wake to the alarms, I would suggest having it outside of her room so that she doesn't become accustomed to it and learn to sleep through it.