- advertisement -

AWESOME Parents get belly tattoos to support son on insulin pump for Type 1 diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by payam7777777, Dec 18, 2011.

1. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

2. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

I saw this shared on facebook and love it! So cool :) and those are tender spots for a tattoo too

3. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Thats sweet! Just thinking though, if in like 10 years everyone including their son is wearing tiny patch pumps or whatever, they'll look a bit strange and no one will know what they are! What if he changes brands?! :p

4. lynn

lynn Approved members

I thought the same thing. They will have a lasting testimony to the "dinosaur" technology their son had in the beginning...

5. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

That is so cool! What a great show of support for their little guy!

6. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

"In addition, she has reached out to people in a similar situation on her blog and created a support group for parents. Twenty families rented cabins for a summertime meet-up weekend, and they plan to do it again,"

I am much more impressed with this. I am sure her son felt better after spending a weekend with 20 other CWD's.

7. Sassy

Sassy Approved members

Added it on FB! Love it!