- advertisement -

Ava's baby brother gave her a bolus. Glerg

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by joy orz, Nov 3, 2011.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Tonight I was cooking dinner, the baby was in the kitchen with me and Ava was puttering around. I had my back to them and was at the stove when Ava yelled..."Buzzing"

Since she uses the Ping with the remote, I frequently ask her if she "buzzed" to make sure that her bolus went through. So she thinks nothing of saying "I buzzed" especially before dinner.

Well, except that I DIDN'T give the bolus.... her 18 month old brother did. :eek::eek::eek:

He's seen us do it a zillion times, and it was right before dinner, so I guess he figured she needed a bolus. GAAAAAACK!!!!!

Good news he only gave her a zero bolus. Bad news is that I have no idea where I'm going to stash the meter from now on.

Guess I have to lock the meter now too.

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Oh and to add to the charm of the moment... after I heard Ava say she was buzzing, I ran over to her, disconnected her from her pump and grabbed all the gear to see what exactly he did.

Meanwhile, Captain Chaos then knocked his seat backward with himself in it. Zoinks.

This is my life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbTSsJ558Fw

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Kids can work technology at such a young age nowadays !

4. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Oops! Glad that was a 0.00 bolus.

My 2 year old grandson keeps trying to play with my 13 yo daughter's pump. She has permission to pop his hand as needed. Once was all it took.

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

:eek: Glad it was a 0 bolus... smart cookie you have there! Glad Ava yells buzzing foro you too.

6. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

As if dinnertime isn't hectic enough!!! Yikes!!! Glad it was a 0.00 bolus!!!

Love those Allstate Commercials!!! Everyone of them makes me chuckle! I never saw the one you put a link up to! When I am explaining to Tyler that he needs to watch out for drivers on the road, I explain there are Mom's with screaming kids, handing them snacks, texting and trying to write a check for some activity that she is running late to while driving down the street...they aren't watching out for the 13 year old on his bike....sorry, went off topic there, but that commercial make me think of that!

7. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

oh no! When my son was 2 he changed the passwords on my computer so I couldn't log in. So just a heads up there lol.

8. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

Just picturing the whole scene made me laugh! Glad Ava has a codeword & no bolus given. Enjoy the insanity today.

9. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

10. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

I did too, but when I showed it to my kids then did not understand why I was laughing.

11. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Catie's done that to Ashleigh before too. Ashleigh leaves her meter on the table and Catie will grab it and start pushing a bunch of buttons. Thankfully she's only done a 0 bolus also. Ashleigh keeps her pump locked, because Catie likes to run up to her and push buttons on her pump too.

12. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I actually think this is super sweet. I mean I know it's totally dangerous but your baby was taking care of his sis. What a good baby! You have to take precautions now but I love it when the kids take care of each other. :)

13. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Thanks for the smiles.
    Glad it was a 0 bolus.
    Our babies are sooo smart. K's baby brother learned how to use the meter before he was 12 mos. Well, he knew the steps and would put the test strips in, and then follow his sister around with the poker (lancing device). Now that he's 18 mos. he'll look at her before eating and say "check?"

He's less insistent on trying to get her pump now. Whew.

14. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

^^^^^^Yes!!!:)

That's one smart 18 month old!!:D