advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussie parents...please contact!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 4kids4me, Sep 4, 2010.

1. 4kids4me

4kids4me New Member

I just received this contact from Kate Hannant on Facebook, please contact her and help her in her quest! She has 115 signatures, but needs a total of 500 before she submits her request to the Australian gov't. PLEASE help her reach her goal...a child's life may be in the balance!
    ~Deb

Kate sent you a message.
    Kate Hannant
    Kate HannantSeptember 5, 2010 at 5:35am
    Subject: Petition in honour of Mary-Kathryn
    Hi Deborah,

I wanted to let you know, that I recently heard of the tragic passing of your precious little girl. The news hit the Australian D Community hard, because many of us have had our children in DKA and in intensive care because Blood Glucose Testing was not performed, despite our children having all the telltale symptoms.

I have started a petition in memory of Mary-Kathryn. I am calling for ALL Australian Children to receive mandatory blood glucose testing at routine checkups. So far, we have 115 signatures-I am hoping to gather at least 500 before I present it to the Australian Government and the Australian Medical Association. I saw your last name of Michelle Alswager's post, and I suddenly wondered if you were Mary-Kathryn's mum. The information poster that you made now sits in many Australian schools, medical centres and hospitals. Thank you so much for making that poster-too many times, doctors have called us (mothers of pre-diagnosed children) hysterical, over-protective, precious and highly-strung.

Sending you our love and your family are always in our thoughts,

Best,

Kate Hannant