advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask the JDCA Founder Your Questions!

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by Nick Masercola, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Nick Masercola

Nick Masercola Approved members

Hey ya'll,

We're doing an interview with Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance founder Brian Kelly next week, and we want your questions!

As you know, the JDCA is a non-profit organization that's trying to form an alliance of donors to encourage charities in changing their spending habits, pushing for a practical cure by 2025.

For those of you who want more information, check out the link to our website under my ABOUT ME.

For those who have questions about our organization, how we run, or anything you'd like, post them below. We'll be picking the top 7 questions to be featured in our interview with Brian. You have a shot of speaking directly to the founder of an organization that wants to represent you, so if you have any interest in the JDCA, go ahead and post some of your thoughts/questions below.

2. Deal

Deal Approved members

Nick, there are two additional riders I want attached to my donation. The first one is that the research my donation funds must be completed and published even if the research fails. Currently failed research is often halted and the results lost only to be repeated with the help of our donated funds in another lab.

The second rider is to have some ownership in the resulting patents that come from the research. Create a partnership with the company that we support and have a stake in the profits that the research leads to. Then take our share of those profits and re-invest in other research initiatives.

We hold the power when we provide the funds. We don't have to give that power away by simply giving the funds away. Let's create a partnership and a contract for how those funds are invested.

3. Nick Masercola

Nick Masercola Approved members

Hey Deal,

While you bring up some interesting points ( I do agree with the findings being published whether they fail or not, and that everything should be transparent) there isn't really a question in there that I could present to our founder. Are you asking whether or not our founder agrees with such sentiments, and whether or not he plans to enact them shortly?

4. Deal

Deal Approved members

This is how I see it fitting in with the JDCA.

From the JDCA website "The Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance ("JDCA") is seeking to form a paradigm-shifting coalition of donors who will work together to facilitate a cure for type 1 diabetes by 2025."

As you strengthen the coalition of donators is there an opportunity to widen the scope and increase the effectiveness of our donations by making it known that the criteria for receiving JDCA validation as a business worthy of our donations is to not only be targeting a cure but to meet certain other criteria like those I mentioned?