advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arghhhhhhh

Discussion in 'UK' started by Juliana1245, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

when people don't understand the meaning of diabetes so they just say what comes to their mind !
    i was in school a few days ago in a science lesson and we were learning about diabetes which i hate because i just feel so uncomfortable!!
    My teacher asked what's the meaning of diabetes and some boy replied "its for fat people and people that have a nasty disease" think thats just so horrible i was sooo angry had to storm out the class :mad:

sorry just had to vent my anger at the cheek and ignorance of some heartless people!

2. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

That sucks! I am sorry you had to deal with ill educated folks. I will be honest I didn't know very much about t1 vs t2 until my dd was dx. I completely remember saying to drs how could this be possible she is the healthiest kid I know...she eats a ton of fruits, veggies and beans!?!?! I now obviously know that despite eating right, my kid just had a bum pancreas. I'm not suggesting you should educate all the misinformed folks you come across in life, but maybe it might help to speak up to just a few. Again i am sorry you had to deal that crummy situation. :cwds: (((hugs)))

3. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

((hugs)) thanks :)