advertisement

Apidra and T-Slim

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Ali, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Ali

Ali Approved members

Is there anyone on this site who uses Apidra with their T-Slim. I have read about problems, my clinic has not seen issues. I wonder if it has to do with how long the set is worn for those who have had problems or the type of set. I use a short steel straight in set with Apidra and the Medtronic pump. Thank you for any information.

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

While my daughter does not use a t-Slim pump, she does use Apidra. So my comments are not derived from personal experience. All I can say is what I've read many times on this and other d-forums: that Apidra insulin and t-Slim pumps are not compatible.

I would be interested in hearing from everyone who has successfully and effectively used Apidra in their t-Slim pump.

3. Ali

Ali Approved members

I am using Apidra with my T Slim no issues. Will chime in if I see anything. I have only been using the T Slim for a week but absolutely nothing so far. I change every 3 days and use a 6mm straight in steel infusion set.

rgcainmd likes this.
  4. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We started out with no problems but it shifted after a few days or a week. Also steel infusion sets.

5. Ali

Ali Approved members

I believe you:):). So it may just be variable for who knows what reasons. As I mentioned earlier my university affiliated clinic that does lots of T1 research has not seen any issues with the Tandem pumps and Apidra, I asked repeatedly to Endos and nurses. So will definitely let people know if I see anything over the next week. Had heard theories about heat but I sleep on my pump and it gets very warm and also keep it in pants and down vest pockets. Only times I have experienced heat issues, and it happened with all my insulins (humalog,novo,apidra) and pumps is sunbathing on hot beaches with out shade etc for pump.

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

I have been using Apidra in my new T Slim pump and Dexcom system for 3 weeks now. No issues with the Apidra. I am loving the Dex and the T Slim. My total insulin use has gone down a bit, I think because of the Tandem delivery system and because the Dex is more spot on I am doing a better job of not over or under treating. But absolutely no issues with the Apidra and clogging. I have always changed out my entire pump system by the 3 day mark, so the cartridge system and set system are changed out. But I have needed to do that with every pump system and every insulin. My body just does not like any sites or insulins being delivered to the same spot for more than 3 days:):).