- advertisement -

Anyone on Omnipod use Dexcom as CGMS?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Hello All,

We survived unexplained lows in early August and settled into school routine.

Is anyone on Omnipod using Dexcom? My ds is currently using Navigator but with that discontinuation we are seriously looking at Dexcom.

Also is there any talk of Dexcom updating? Navigator said they will help with out-of-pocket costs till March 2012.

Thanks for your time,
    Jen

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

Check my sig ... we're on it. I'm not sure what you mean by "Dexcom updating".

3. alismom

alismom Approved members

Yes, Allison uses both the Omnipod and Dexcom. There is talk of the two integrating very soon.

4. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

We use both together - Love it! Dex is awesome for us!

5. swellman

Not for some time I'm afraid.

6. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

Lex started the Omnipod (LOVE it) 8/05/11 and today (3 hours ago) we started the dexcom.

The OmniPod is GREAT much better (imo) than my moms minimed and her numbers have been great since starting.

FYI I spoke to one of the head honchos at Insulet before we placed our order for the replacement pods, as the customer service rep told me the new pods and PDM's would be out at the end of the month...and I really didn't want to be stuck with a whole bunch of "old" pods...So I called to the top offices for clarification. Good news is, new PDM's/Pods are due out at the first of the year. The deal with Dexcom is still in the works, but that will not be out for at least another year....but won't that be great when it is out!?!

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Jumping in here.

Do you mean the SMALLER POD's???

8. swellman

I'm wondering the same thing. My rep went so far as to say he would love to surprise me after the first of the year but that's as far as he would go.

9. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

...clarification on "Dexcom updating"

By "Dexcom updating" I meant a new release of the hardware.
    I don't look forward to a new software to contend with for Dex but with shorter start up I will be happy.

I'm excited about new and smaller pods too. I'm not sure how I feel about the blue tint canula but it may be a small detail that we don't even notice much.

Thanks for replying.
    Jen

10. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

My daughter is also using both, and we prefer the Dexcom over the Navigator because it is just less trouble overall. The range is the only thing that takes getting used to and not having the actual numbers to scroll back and see on the receiver. My son just started on the Dex last week and is not as impressed with it because his first sensor became disconnected a lot and he didn't find it to be as accurate as the Navigator for him. He is still wearing both in order to compare the two. They had him remove and replace the first sensor and this one seems better.
    I really hope your info is correct, because she has been on the pod waiting 2 years now for those smaller pods that are right around the corner!

11. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

Yes..The smaller pods. The update will also be a new PDM. Can't wait!!

12. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Rep at our JDRF walk last week told us the same.

13. buggle

buggle Approved members

We use both too. It's a lot of hardware to tote around, but it's worth it.

14. Arden's Day

Arden's Day Approved members

My daughter has been pumping with an OmniPod and using a DexCom 7+ for years. Feel free to email questions via my blog.