- advertisement -

Anyone need help w/ D supplies

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Barry, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggles

diggles Approved members

Paradign 512 MiniMed Pump

I dont know if it is appropriate to post this here or not but I have a 512 minimed pump, my son used it for about six months then we upgraded to the 522. I hate to see this pump sitting in a box not being used. I called Medtronic to see if I could dontate back and they said no, but I can give it to someone, but we would have to call and get the pump re-registered into the other persons name. They said the other person would have to pay something for the re-registration and warrenty. The idea person to give this pump to is probually someone whos insurance may not cover the pump but covers the supplies for the pump. Anyway if someone is interested you can pm me and we can over it in more detail. Oh also the person would have to talk to your doctor to plan and educate about the pump and of course have a prescription. I can call mini med or you could to get more information also.
    If this is not a good place to post this just let me know I will have this post deleted. I surely do not want to offend anyone or do anything wrong against this wonderful site.

2. cwdAdmin

cwdAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Caution: Sharing Supplies/No Expired Products

Children with Diabetes encourages customers to connect, yet safety is a top concern when it comes to--especially children--using second-hand supplies.

Please note that most diabetes supplies are date and/or temperature sensitive, and are often pharmaceutical or medical device products.

If you are considering sharing diabetes supplies, please check expiration dates, ask about storage and shipping arrangements along with the completeness of any product you receive (manuals, accessories), and test products to ensure they are working properly.

Also, for the safety of our members, CWD does not allow the promotion of expired diabetes products.

3. redmcgee

redmcgee Approved members

I can send you a box of mini-pen needles but no strips sorry I'll pm you

4. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

I'm in need of straight insets for the animas ping & cartiages. I have one left! :( I'm waiting a sample to come in but the hasn't. if anyone has any to spare, that would be nice.

5. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

I have an Accu-Check Avia, new, never used, I would be glad to give to someone. It does NOT have the Multi-clix with it. Any takers?

6. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Jeff posted this on general discussion:

The February 2009 issue of Scientific American has an article entitled "Hurdles Facing Unused Prescription Repositories" that examines laws in the US permitting donations of unused drugs (and I will assume other prescription items) for use by people who otherwise could not afford them. The article is online at:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...ing-the-health

The print edition includes a map of the US showing states that permit donations.

7. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Does anyone have any extra IV 3000? Chell uses a boat load every month, her Insurnace only covers 10. Plus with up coming surgey, she will be using much much more, as the hospital does not have the IV 3000, we have to bring those from home. The will put tagederm on her, but she will break out, and thats not fair.

8. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Does anyone have one container of Freestyle strips that they can send ASAP?

Dr. hasn't given us a script for them yet & my DD started pumping with Cozmo on Thursday & has already run out of the strips that are used with the attached meter. She's having to use a different meter & then input the info. into her pump which is fine but it would be nice to have a few strips for school until I can get the script & get it filled.

I'll be happy to pay for them & pay postage.
    Thanks,
    Kristi

9. Barry

Barry Approved members

I have several EXPIRED glucagon if anyone wants them for caregivers or grandparents to PRACTICE with.

I'm thinking that big needle is intimidating, especially in an emergency. A dry run could might make a difference if the real situation ever got ugly.

PM me if interested

10. Zac's Mom

Zac's Mom Approved members

Michelle,
    Please send me a PM with your address & I'll send some out tomorrow.

11. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Are those insets the round ones? I have 3 of them. I don't have any cartridges I am waiting for the next supply and I only have 4 left.

If those are the right insets PM me your address and I can send them out.

12. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

Anyone have any extra InSets until I can get my *#$_#$*(#_ insurance straightened out so I can get some?

Thanks!

Deb

13. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

what kind do you use???

14. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

I use the 90 degree InSets. Prefer the 9 mm, any tubing length will work.

Deb

15. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

Diggles,

I sent you a PM. I'm eagerly awaiting your reply!

Thanks!

Deb

16. MLH

MLH Approved members

Extra Lantus

I have 4 bottles of lantus that I don't need. They expire in 2/2010. They are still in the sealed box. We use a pump and I keep lantus on hand just incase..... The dr. wrote the Rx for the wrong amount. I hate to see it go bad. I just have to figure out how to ship it.:) PM me if interested!

17. shekov

shekov Approved members

I have two 10 ml vials of Novolog dilutant for making dilulted insulin. DD graduated to regular Novolog a while ago so we don't need these. They expire 5/2009. PM me if interested.

18. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

I have an Accu-Check Avivia meter, new, never used. No mulit-clix. Anyone need it?

19. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

I still have some Precision Xtra blood ketone strips that I would be willing to trade for some One Touch Ultra Glucose strips. Send me a PM if you would like to make a trade.

20. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I have 1 box of test strips for the Accu Chek ACTIVE meter...if anyone is interested. They expire on 7/09. (there are 50 test strips in the box...its sealed...never opened)
    If you could use these they are yours! Send me a PM! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.