- advertisement -

Anyone Live near an American Girl store??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KHS22, Dec 27, 2015.

1. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Look
    https://www.facebook.com/diabeticamericangirl/

Many of you may have seen this a while ago, a young lady with T1D started a petition to get diabetes accessories for American Girl dolls - looks like they listened! Good for her. My daughter is nuts over her dolls, pretty much all she plays with. She has a little pedometer she thought looked like a pump she uses on her!

So, anyone live near a store that would grab a set and ship for me!! :) Would pay of COURSE!

:)

2. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

I know this was very recently posted, and I hope someone can answer you, but for anyone else not near a store, I heard the accessories are supposed to go online around the turn of the year (I'm an American Girl collector and there's a lot of excited stir over that set and a few other new products). I understand going the "person close to store" route, though; the shipping rates are usually cheaper!

[strike]Also, WOW, I've not been on in a long while, but I came here wondering if there'd be any discussion of the set (most places have it among a swath of other pictures with not much commentary), particularly since I've been seeing conflicting things over whether the bright things are supposed to be band-aids or pump skins (I saw a picture where one was on a pump).[/strike]

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I hadn't heard about this kit until today when I saw a photo on Facebook. Is it not available to buy on their web site. I'm kinda close and might could take a trip in the next week or so if its not going to be available online.

4. Just Jen

Just Jen Approved members

I live within ten miles of the one at the Mall of America. I have no idea if they have these in the store there, but I will be going to look later this week because I know my little PWD would love one! I imagine they would have a limit to how many one could purchase, but I'll check on the particulars and would be willing to pick up some if its not available online as well.

5. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Thanks let me know! If you get some extra, I'll happily pay you ASAP!! :)

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter would have loved this at diagnosis! She glanced at it tonight and commented the dolls need insurance to be able to afford it. :( She thought it was neat, though.