- advertisement -

Anyone is SW Colorado?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vallecito93, Nov 22, 2007.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

I am really wanting to get in touch with other parents out there in my area. I was wondering if any one else out there would be interested. I have searched and asked a few parents that I know if they know of a group but they do not. If you are interested please contact me. Thanks.

2. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

I'm in Montrose. Where are you?

3. vallecito93

Hi, I am in Durango.

4. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

Durango is beautiful. I have lived in Montrose for about 8 years, My DH is from here. Our son, Caleb, was dx'd New Year's Eve day, 2006. We are coming up on our 1 year anniversary. Do you go to go the the Barbara Davis Center? Dr. Walravens was coming to Durgano, but I had heard that program ended. We see an endo at BDC. There is also a pedi endo that comes to Grand Junction monthly. We thought about changing, but the care we get at BDC is top notch.

5. vallecito93

We have not yet been to the BDC. Dr. Walraven came down here in August and we saw him then. He comes twice a year still. We are going to try and just visit in December when we go up there for Christmas. Our family doctor has been great for us. Sometimes I wish we lived in a city for more resources but I can't bare to move from here. I was born and raised here. My husband went to college here and never left, good thing huh. We like Montrose too. Its not too big or too little. Autumn was dx'd May 4 2007. It is amazing how that changes your life instantly. I see you're a momma of 4 boys? I am a momma of 4 girls. 13,10,5 & 4.
    If you celebrated Thanksgiving I hope you had a great one!