- advertisement -

anyone in Mich going to the JDRF conference

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by lotsoftots, May 26, 2009.

1. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

On May 30 at Burton Manor in Livonia? not to happy about the starting time since I have to leave my house by 6am to get there....Im so not the morning person..
    I was just wondering if anyone was going

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

Nope, it's too far for me. We are way on the other side of the state.

3. usbornetheresa

usbornetheresa Approved members

Tori and I will be there too. I am not sure if my husband is going to make it. Hope to see you there.

4. lotsoftots

I will have to tell Samantha to look for Tori..Im not going with my hubby but with my mom instead ( she is also type1) get this after having d for over 30 years my dad thinks she needs to take classes...lol she has great control nice low A1C's hardly any lows and dad thinks she doesnt know what she is doing because its been hard for her to learn the pump...the lady surly isnt a techie....:p

5. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I will be there with two other mom's from my area. We went last year and Sam's endo said that it is going to be even bigger and better this year.

6. lotsoftots

it would be nice to met up with people from this board..I will also be there with another mom, besides my mom neither post here..

7. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

We went last year and will be there on Saturday. Last year it was our first conference (Chris was dx'd in Jan. 2008) -so we were still quite new with learning about D.

Wish we had something to wear that we could recognize other CWD members. Can't use a D kit - since we ALL will have them!! :D

8. lotsoftots

I would be willing to give out my cell we could maybe then met up someplace..this will be my first year so I dont know how it all works...

9. lotsoftots

Cathy/Christopher's mom...I just noticed the tee shirt your son has on...lol Samantha has the same one :D is he going this year? Samantha is going to the second session

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Hey debbie, not to hijack...but how is everything going???????

11. lotsoftots

well its going to be a LONG road with Rachel she is home from the hospital doing better but still a LONG LONG ways to go, she hasn't gone back to sshool yet she flips out every morning I have tried to get her going..I dont know what to do there, she only has 2 weeks left I dont want her to loose all her credits but yet I dont want her falling all the ways back to where she was a few weeks ago either...I was pregnant (about 6 to 7 weeks..not far)but not anymore..sad about that but then again Im not..if that makes sense.
    Samantha is STILL having her bathroom issues I feel so bad for her. The Drs just tell me to give her fiber or to give her marilax..in which neither one is really working well:(
    life is getting a bit back to normal...we just came back from a nice long weekend camping and everyone including Rachel had a great time:D it was so nice to see a smile on her face again..tomorrow will be the first day since she has been home that she will see her therapist..thats not going to be good since we will be telling her we want to switch therapist

12. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

hugs Debbie. I"m sorry about the pg. I think your feelings about it make perfect sense given everything that is going on in your life right now.
    Hugs.

13. tesa

tesa Approved members

Hi Everyone,

I wish we could go, but what are these all about? We are new to all this, and I would love to meet all of you. But we have a grad party on Saturday. Can't miss it. Let me know what they are all about.

Cathy, I am meeting you at camp. Can't wait! Probably on pickup day.

Debbie, my daughter is going to camp, too. She will be 12 on June 11. I think they could be in the same group?? She is also going the second week.