- advertisement -

Anyone heard of this device for iPhones - iBG*Star Meter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lisa - Aidan's mom, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

My old friend from HS is an (adult) endocrinologist and listed this link from Sanofi:

http://www.ibgstar.us/default.aspx

The video is very brief, but from what I can gather it is a small device that attaches to the iPhone which replaces the need for a separate meter - one less thing to carry and I'm sure teens would never forget their cell behind :p Apparently it's not available for purchase yet and I'm sure there some kinks to be worked out and insurance questions, but it looks interesting. I know my 7 year old would love it.

2. JaxDad

JaxDad Approved members

There are several Glocometer phones under development.

I would love to see that or even just a bluetooth enabled meter with an ap that would transmit/text BGs to a monitoring smart-phone (read mom or dad) and also allow the monitor to send a "reminder" to the meter to check BG.

3. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Yes - definitely the part about a text to mom or dad's phone w/ the BG #s while at school/at a friends house, etc.!

4. selketine

selketine Approved members

5. Beechbeard

Beechbeard New Member

Phone BG messages

FYI Pam & John Henry run MyCareConnect.com which is free. You can either text a reading or use their iPhone app called BlueLoop. You can set up a group of people to get email or phone text messages (including school nurses) to automatically get copied on all readings. This was designed to be used by kids. They have thousands of families using so the service is not likely to go away.

HTH

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I would love a cell phone or other device that sent a bg straight to my phone.. it would be a way for Kaylee to get a cell phone faster.. she's begging now, but it won't happened until at least middle school, unless something cool like this comes out. of course, I don't want to purchase her an iphone either. I don't egven have an iphone.

7. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Beechbeard - thanks for the info on mycareconnect!!

Flutterby - we're in the same boat, my DS is 7 and like your DD, it will be awhile before he gets a phone. I'm thinking around middle school as well.

8. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

iBGStar is a meter that was just FDA approved and is marketed by Sanofi. It was developed by Agamatrix the Wavesense strip folks. It will work as a stand alone meter and then transfer data to the iOS device (iPhone, iPod or IPad) or it can be used connected.

You can down load the Wavesense Ap form the iTunes store to get a feel for the general working of what the iBGStar mayebe like:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wavesense-diabetes-manager/id325292586?mt=8

or

This is a video of how the WaveSenese app from Friends for Life
    http://vimeo.com/13717218