- advertisement -

Anyone have Site Burning during Exercise only? Using SureT's

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PatriciaMidwest, Sep 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Lately my daughter (13) is complaining that her site "burns" when she plays volleyball. She has either volleyball practice or a game Mon-Fri after school. The burning occurs with the pump on or off, so I don't think it is insulin causing it. The sites looks fine, and she says it only hurts when she's really active.

We've been using the Minimed Sure T's for about several months now and haven't had any real issues. We uses mainly tush sites. She's complained about the last 3 locations.

I'm wondering if the steel needle is moving around with all the activity.
    She has thinned out a bit since volleyball season started (nothing drastic) but maybe she just feels the set more?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

My two year old complains during either really active times or long car rides and we've come to find that it's not the site per se but rather the tegaderm pulling the skin or the skin prep. We don't use the skin prep regularly now, but rather depend upon clean skin from bathing and that has helped a lot. Not sure if this helps but it may not be the site but other aspects of the site like the adhesive they use, she could try having it put on through tegaderm...or it could be the skin prep, or or or ;)

3. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Thank you Sarah. That makes sense to me. We use skin prep and tegaderm. I will try the next site without skin prep.

For some reason when my DD described it as "burning" I thought it was something internal with the site. Duh!!